Saturday's pick was...
3.35 Newbury : Tidal Flow @ 7/2 BOG 2nd at 5/2 (Chased leaders, led 11th, pushed along and headed 3 out, chased winner, one pace and well held)
Monday's pick runs in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Longhousesignora @ 4/1
...in an 11-runner, Class 4, Conditional Jockeys Handicap Hurdle for 3yo+ over 3m½f on soft ground worth £6,498 to the winner...
This 7 yr old mare won a Class 2 chase by 15 lengths last time out, at Hereford over 3m1½f on soft ground, so this should be well within her capabilities reverting back to hurldes in a lower grade and sporting the blinkers she successful wore for the first time for that win. She'll be seeking to add to trainer Venetia Williams' good run of form, which has seen the yard land 15 winners from 45 (33.33% SR) and 19.62pts (+43.6% ROI) over the last 21 racing days.
Mind you, this run of form comes as no surprise to me, as one of my saved angles tells me to back all of her Class 2 to 4 handicappers during November/December, because the last six of those pairs of months have produced 89 winners from 420 (21.2% SR) for a profit of some 164.7pts (+39.2% ROI), including of relevance today...
- 5-8 yr olds are 74/310 (23.9%) for 187.5pts (+60.5%)
- those racing over 2m3f to 3m4½f are 74/308 (24%) for 201.4pts (+65.4%)
- those racing on soft or "worse" ground are 70/294 (23.8%) for 121.3pts (+41.2%)
- those racing at Class 4 are 38/177 (29.9%) for 77.4pts (+60.9%)
- since the start of November 2018, they are 28/115 (24.3%) for 84.8pts (+73.7%)
- hurdlers have won 22 of 108 (20.4%) for 30.2pts (+28%)
- LTO Winners are 19/65 (29.2%) for 30.6pts (+47.1%)
- whilst those sent here to Haydock are 8/26 (30.8%) for 25.5pts (+98%)
...all of which then leads us to a secondary saved micro-system of mine, where from the above 420 runners, we back 5-8 yr olds racing over 2m3f to 3m4½f on soft or worse ground. This gives us over 84% of the original profit from just 39% of the bets as 49 winners from 164 (29.9% SR) have generated 138.6pts at an ROI of 84.5% and that's the basis for the bet today.
If you wanted to filter down as before then you'd get...
- 22/55 (40%) for 62.1pts (+112.8%) at Class 4
- 18/50 (36%) for 64pts (+128%) in 2018/19
- 11/43 (25.6%) for 41pts (+95.3%) over hurdles
- 8/35 (22.9%) for 4.4pts (+12.5%) from LTO winners
- and 5/12 (41.7%) for 25.8pts (+215.2%) here at Haydock (our racecard icons are already alerting you to the yard's overall success at this track)...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that's unclear, please ask!