Friday's Result :
4.30 Newbury : Mountain Eagle @ 5/2 BOG 3rd at 13/8 (Took keen hold, in touch, challenged 2 out, ridden and effort before last, kept on same pace in 3rd on flat)
Saturday's runner goes in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Lunar Deity @ 11/4 BOG
Trained by Stuart Williams, whose horses have gone really well on this track over the last few years with 42 winners from 196 since the start of 2012. This 21.4% strike rate has generated 100.9pts of level stakes profits at an ROI of 51.5% and those 196 runners can be further assessed on the basis of today's contest as follows...
- those competing over trips of 5f to 1m4f are 42/191 (22% SR) for 105.9pts (+554% ROI)
- handicappers are 31/143 (21.7% SR) for 53.6pts (+37.5% ROI)
- those who ran in the last 30 days are 35/136 (25.7% SR) for 116.1pts (+85.4% ROI)
- those priced at 9/4 to 12/1 are 32/134 (23.9% SR) for 85.4pts (+63.7% ROI)
- those carrying 8-12 to 9-06 are 31/118 (26.3% SR) for 117.8pts (+99.9% ROI)
- LTO winners are 9/35 (25.7% SR) for 4pts (+11.3% ROI)
- Class 2 runners are 6/16 (37.5% SR) for 20.5pts (+128% ROI)
And in addition to Stuart's decent record here, Lunar Deity is no mug either, having already won 6 of 14 races on the A/W, of which he's 6/13 in handicaps. He's 6 from 10 at this 1m trip, 4 from 8 here at Lingfield and 4 from 5 over course and distance.
He's also won three of his four Class 2 races and is 3 from 6 when ridden by today's jockey Pat Cosgrave, including their last two outings together.
So today's play is...a 1pt win bet on Lunar Deity at 11/4 BOG, a price available with around half a dozen firms at 7.50pm, so to see your preferred bookie's prices, simply...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS