Thursday's Result :
4.25 Taunton : Tornado In Milan @ 7/2 BOG WON at 4/1 (Raced wide, made all, clear 2nd until 4th, mistake 6th, pressed 2 out, driven and stayed on gamely, clear towards finish)
Friday's runner goes in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Mountain Eagle @ 5/2 BOG
This 7yr old gelding is trained by Harry Fry and since the start of 2013, Harry's NH handicappers are 37/171 (21.6% SR) for 34.8pts (+20.4% ROI) profit, broken down, with this race fully in mind, as follows...
- those rated 115-141 are 32/118 (27.1% SR) for 71pts (+60.2% ROI)
- those wearing a tongue tie are 28/113 (24.8% SR) for 26.8pts (+23.7% ROI)
- those with a top 4 finish LTO are 30/110 (27.3% SR) for 52.3pts (+47.6% ROI)
- those carrying 11-03 or more are 25/99 (25.3% SR) for 27pts (+27.2% ROI)
- those running 21-60 days since their last outing are 20/84 (23.8% SR) for 34.1pts (+40.6% ROI)
- those competing at 2m4f to 3m are 21/82 (25.6% SR) for 42.7pts (+52.1% ROI)
- 7 year olds are 12/41 (29.3% SR) for 29.1pts (+71% ROI)
- here at Newbury : 3/10 (30% SR) for 3.46pts (+34.6% ROI)
And it's also worth noting that the Harry Fry /Noel Fehily / Newbury angle is currently worth 9 winners from 25 (36% SR) for 6.62pts (+26.5% ROI) profit, comprising of...
- 9 winners from 20 (45% SR) for 11.62pts (+58.1% ROI) over trips of 2m5f and shorter
- 7/18 (38.9% SR) for 4.35pts (+24.2% ROI) on soft ground
- 8/15 (53.3% SR) for 10.47pts (+69.8% ROI) at odds of 7/2 and shorter
- 4/11 (36.4% SR) for 4.07pts (+37% ROI) over hurdles
- 4/4 (100% SR) for 7.14pts (+178.6% ROI) at Class 4.
So today's play is...a 1pt win bet on Mountain Eagle at 5/2 BOG, a price widely available, so to see your preferred bookie's prices, simply...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS