Friday's Result :
Saturday's last pick of another successful month goes in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Show Palace @ 7/2 BOG
This 4 yr old gelding is in great form, having finished 131171 in his last six runs and this consistency is refelcted in his career record of 9 wins from 22 on the Flat, which include the following relevant stats for today's race...
- 9 wins and a place from 17 at 5 furlongs
- 7 wins and 3 places from 16 after a break of just 8-30 days
- 5 wins from 7 in August/September
- 3 wins and 2 place from 6 soft ground efforts
- 3 wins from 3 under Joe Fanning
- and 1 from 1 in this grade.
He's trained by Jennie Candlish, possibly better known for her NH runners, but she's currently 2 from over the last fortnight, whilst over the past 2 years her record includes...
- 56/348 (16.1%) for 19pts (+5.5%) in handicaps
- 13/62 (21%) for 39.5pts (+63.6%) on the Flat
- 13/59 (22%) for 42.5pts (+71.9%) in Flat handicaps
- 7/16 (43.75%) for 16.56pts (+103.5%) in handicaps over 5 furlongs
- 6/14 (42.9%) for 16.2pts (+116%) with handicappers ridden by Joe Fanning
...giving us... a 1pt win bet on Show Palace @ 7/2 BOG, which was offered by a half dozen of so firms at 6.50pm on Friday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that's unclear, please ask!