Saturday's Result :
2.15 Goodwood: Miss Marjurie @ 3/1 BOG 6th at 9/2 (Held up towards rear, headway over 3f out, chased leaders over 2f out, weakened final furlong).
Bank Holiday Monday's pick goes in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Dunraven Storm at 13/2 BOG.
Both trainer, Philip Hobbs and jockey, Richard Johnson are in great form at present, boasting records of 10/38 and 11/43 respectively over the past fortnight, whilst as a partnership, they have 8 winners from 18.
More generally/long-term, Kempton has been a happy hunting ground for the Hobbs' chasers with 15 winners from 87 (17.2% SR) and 30.2pts (+34.7% ROI) level stakes profits accrued over the last 8 years, from which...
- males are 15/86 (17.4% SR) for 31.2pts (+36.3% ROI)
- those running further than 2m are 13/73 (17.8% SR) for 96.2pts (+131.7% ROI)
- Class 2 to 4 runners are 11/56 (19.6% SR) for 43.8pts (+78.3% ROI)
- handicappers are 8/52 (15.4% SR) for 30.5pts (+58.6% ROI)
- those ridden by Richard Johnson are 10/51 (19.6% SR) for 17.5pts (+34.3% ROI)
- on good ground, there has been 6 winners from 40 (15% SR) for 24.7pts (+61.6% ROI)
- and those running after a break of 1 to 3 months are 6/32 (18.8% SR) for 32.8pts (+102.5% ROI)
In addition to the above, an added layer of confidence comes from the fact that the Hobbs' handicap chasers dropping in class are 37/204 (18.1% SR) for 58.5pts (+28.7% ROI) since the start of 2011, with the following of particular relevance today...
- those racing after a break of 21 to 60 days are 19/104 (18.3% SR) for 32.6pts (+31.4% ROI)
- those ridden by Richard Johnson are 24/103 (23.3% SR) for 79.3pts (+77% ROI)
- and those dropping down into Class 2 are 12/50 (24% SR) for 32.5pts (+65% ROI)
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS