Thursday's Result :
5.45 Market Rasen : Brian Boranha @ 4/1 BOG WON at 11/4 Tracked leader, led before 2 out, headed 2 out, regained lead run-in, held on well to win by 2 lengths
Friday's pick goes in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Chidswell @ 5/1 BOG
This 8 yr old gelding has run consistently well from day 1 of his career, winning a bumper on debut. To date he has raced 13 times, winning four with 7 further top 3 finishes and his record to date includes the following relevant data today...
- 2/6 over fences, 2/5 at 2m3.5f to 2m 4.5f, 2/4 this year,
- 2/4 under jockey Craig Nichol, 1/2 on good ground and has won at Class 3 already and was considered good enough to race at Gr3 over hurdles.
His trainer, Nicky Richards' record with chasers since the start of 2014 is impressive with 44 winners from 212 (20.8% SR) for profits of 61.8pts at a decent ROI of 29.1%. With those stats in hand and looking at today's conditions, here are your top 10 facts for the day...
- in handicaps : 35/158 (22.2%) for 45pts (+28.5%)
- over trips of 2m3f to 3m1f : 33/136 (24.3%) for 88pts (64.7%)
- at odds of 15/8 to 6/1 : 31/113 (27.4%) for 41.4pts (36.6%)
- those placed 2nd, 3rd or 4th LTO are 24/82 (29.3%) for 98pts (119.5%)
- at Class 3 : 16/74 (21.6%) for 8pts (10.8%)
- on Good ground : 14/68 (20.6%) for 22.5pts (33%)
- those who last ran 21-30 days earlier are 15/52 (28.8%) for 69.4pts (133.5%)
- 8 yr olds are 12/48 (25%) for 38.5pts (80.3%)
- those ridden by Craig Nichol are 12/46 (26.1%) for 11.7pts (25.4%)
- and here at Perth : 5/18 (27.8%) for 10.8pts (59.7%)
...giving us...a 1pt win bet on Chidswell @ 5/1 BOG from Bet365 or BetVictor but see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats are to Betfair SP, as (i) I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you and (ii) although inferior to the BOG odds we secure, BFSP is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns quoted.