Thursday's Result :
3.20 Southwell : Western Presence @ 11/4 BOG last of 7 at 3/1 Broke well, led early, chased leaders, ridden over 1f out, weakened badly inside final furlong
Thursday's pick goes in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Rich Again @ 9/2 BOG
This 8 yr old gelding is in great from, winning 3 of his last 7, 2 of his last 4 and was a course and distance winner here 15 days ago on his latest outing. All told he has 10 wins from 32 starts on the A/W, including...
- 6/17 at Class 4, 4/13 in blinkers, 3/8 over 5 furlongs
- 2/7 under today's jockey, 3/5 in January, 2/4 here at Newcastle
- 2/4 carrying 9st 7lbs, 2/3 over course and distance and 2/3 off a break of just 8-15 days.
He's also top of the Geegeez Speed Ratings, of which top rated runners over the 5f trip have a 22% strike rate over the last five years.
And he's trained by James Bethell, whose runners are 27/178 (15.2% SR) for 35.4pts (+19.9% ROI) in A/W handicaps since 2010, with the following of note here...
- 6-45 dslr = 26/134 (19.4%) for 77.9pts (+58.2%)
- on Tapeta : 14/51 (27.5%) for 26.9pts (+52.8%)
- here at Newcastle : 6/19 (31.6%) for 15.3pts (+80.6%)
- and over 5f : 3/10 (30%) for 13.18pts (+131.8%)
...giving us a 1pt win bet on Rich Again @ 9/2 BOG which was widely available at 5.45pm on Thursday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS