Friday's Result :
3.20 Doncaster : Midnight Glory @ 11/4 BOG 4th at 15/8 Tracked leaders on inside, effort to challenge 3 out, ridden before next, kept on and every chance until no extra approaching last
Next up is Saturday's...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Virgilio @ 5/1 BOG
A Class 2, 4yo+ Handicap Chase over 3m on Good ground worth £15,640 to the winner...
And an 8 yr old gelding with 9 top 3 finishes from 13 starts to date, including 6 wins and in those 13 races, he is...
- 6/11 in fields of 1-11 runners (3/5 in chases)
- 6/11 going left handed (3/6 in chases)
- 6/9 at odds of 6/1 & shorter (3/5 in chases)
- 3/8 over fences
- 3/7 within 6 weeks of his last run (2/5 in chases)
- 3/6 on Good ground (2/5 in chases)
- 4/5 at Class 2 (2/3 in chases)
- 3/5 in fields of 8 to 11 (1/2 in chases)
- 3/3 in this grade (1/1 in chases)
And he's trained by Dan Skelton, whose handicap chasers priced at 7/2 to 12/1 over trips of 2m1.5f to 3m1f are 27/176 (15.3% SR) for 21.2pts (+12.1% ROI) including...
- those last seen 11-60 days ago : 23/131 (17.6%) for 34.5pts (+26.4%)
- on Good ground : 15/76 (19.7%) for 24.2pts (+31.8%)
- in the October-December period : 13/76 (17.1%) for 30.8pts (+40.5%)
- 8 yr olds are 8/41 (19.5%) for 14.4pts (+35.1%)
...giving us... a 1pt win bet on Virgilio @ 5/1 BOG which was offered by Betfair & Paddy Power at 8.15pm on Friday with plenty of acceptable 9/2 BOG available elsewhere. And to see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that's unclear, please ask!