13:40 Lingfield: War Glory @ 5/1 BOG 2nd at 10/3 Keen, prominent until short of room and lost place over 5f out, in touch, switched right over 1f out, headway entering final furlong, soon short of room, ridden and ran on, just failed
Saturday's pick goes in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Higher Power @ 5/2
Higher Power has gradually stepped up in distance, and really looked the part when racing over two miles last time out. He has been raised another seven pounds for that victory, however the way he was in command over the final furlong suggests he is capable of improving again, and being good enough to take this.
The following stats are applicable.
- trainer James Fanshawe has an excellent course record, and for the last five years he's 66/315 (20.95%) for 41.49pts
- with flat staying runners he's 21/87 (24.14%) for 10.99pts
- jockey Tom Queally over the last 14 days is 2/16 (12.5%) for 1.88pts
- Higher Power's sire, Rip Van Winkle, with all weather runners is 48/323 (14.86%) 35.84pts
- with flat stayers he is 25/178 (14.04%) for 13.96pts
- with 4YO+ he is 3/11 (27.27%) for 20pts
- here at Kempton Higher Power is 2/3 (66.67%) for 1.85pts
...giving us... a 1pt win bet on Higher Power @ 5/2 which was available from Bet365 at 19:25 on Friday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats are to Betfair SP, as (i) I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you and (ii) although inferior to the BOG odds we secure, BFSP is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns quoted.