Thursday's Result :
3.10 Leicester : Midnight Jade @ 5/2 BOG WON at 4/1 Tracked leaders, led before 4 out, held on run-in, all out to win by 1.25 lengths
Thursday's pick goes in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Speed Freak @ 7/2 BOG
Trainer Ralph Beckett has his string in fine order at the moment, despite not sending too many out to track! 4 winners and 5 placers from 12 over the last 4 weeks represents quality over quantity and of those dozen that have braved the elements, there has been two winners and a runner-up from four sent here to Lingfield.
More longer-term, Ralph's record here on the all-weather track at Lingfield is also excellent, as you'd expect, with 48 winners from 218 (22% SR) since 2010, generating level stakes profits of 106.8pts at an ROI of 48.9%. With today's race in mind, here are a handful of profitable angles we could follow from those 218 runners...
- those who last ran 6-60 days ago are 35/145 (24.1%) for 114.1pts (+78.7%)
- in non-handicap races : 24/134 (17.9%) for 64.6pts (+48.2%)
- at Class 5 : 25/128 (19.5%) for 84.3pts (+65.9%)
- in maidens : 19/106 (17.9%) for 68pts (+64.2%)
- and females are 19/99 (19.2%) for 127.6pts (+128.9%)
AND...females returning from a break of 6 to 60 days to run in a Lingfield Class 5 A/W maiden are 4/19 (21.1% SR) for 73.2pts (+385% ROI)
In addition to the above there are another couple of positives regarding this selection...
- Last year's Champion Apprentice Josephine Gordon will be in the saddle and not only is she very talented, but she's also in great form, having won 5 of 23 (21.7% SR) over the last week.
- This 3 yr old filly is by Fastnet Rock, whose offspring are 48/252 (19.1% SR) for 153.3pts (+60.8% ROI) on the A?W since the start of 2016, with Class 5 runners winning 21 of 96 (21.9%) for 106.5pts (+110.9%).
...giving us...a 1pt win bet on Speed Freak @ 7/2 BOG which was offered by Bet365, Betbright, BetVictor & SkyBet at 6.05pm on Thursday, so we should all be able to get on! To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS