Friday's Result :
3.10 Kempton : Vyta du Roc @ 5/2 BOG 5th at 15/8 Tracked leaders, mistake 10th, jumped left and hit 3 out, no impression next, blundered last.
Saturday's pick goes in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Vieux Lille @ 10/3 BOG
This 7 yr old gelding was a runner-up over this same trip on soft ground in a Class 2 contest when last seen 8 weeks ago at Haydock, beaten only by Yala Enki who has since stepped up to finish fourth in a Grade 3 race off a mark of 141, whilst our runner now drops down in class to C3 to run off 133 here.
Trainer Philip Hobbs is in decent form with 9 winners from 34 (26.5% SR) over the last fortnight and here at Newbury since 2011, he has had 29 winners from 175 (16.6% SR) for excellent level stakes profits of 237.6pts at an ROI of 135.8%.
These 175 runners include the following of interest today...
- ridden by Richard Johnson : 26/116 (22.4%) for 271pts (+233.6%)
- in chases : 15/77 (19.5%) for 60.1pts (+78.1%)
- at Class 3 : 13/72 (18.1%) for 104.8pts (+145.5%)
- on soft ground : 12/57 (21.1%) for 79.1pts (+138.7%)
And more generally, the Hobbs handicappers dropping in class are 39/218 (17.9% SR) for 94.4pts (+43.3% ROI) since 2014, from which...
- those dropping 1 class are 29/157 (18.5%) for 91.3pts (+58.1%)
- ridden by Richard Johnson : 21/106 (19.8%) for 45.2pts (+42.6%)
- those dropping from Class 2 are 12/63 (19.1%) for 14.3pts (+22.7%)
- and on Soft ground : 11/52 (21.2%) for 72.4pts (+139.2%)
...giving us...a 1pt win bet on Vieux Lille @ 10/3 BOG which was available with both Bet365 & BetVictor at 8.10pm on Friday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS