Friday's Result :
8.50 Goodwood : Zambesi Queen @ 11/4 BOG non-runner
Saturday's pick goes in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Mr Globetrotter @ 3/1 BOG
This 4 yr old gelding has finished 3131 in his last four outings and has a win and 2 places from 3 efforts over 2m/2m0.5f. So he's clearly in good nick and gets the trip well enough.
He's trained by Iain Jardine, whose non-NH runners are 70/512 (13.7% SR) for 244.1pts (+47.7% ROI) if backed blindly over the last two years, with the following data subsets of relevance today...
- handicappers are 65/447 (14.5%) for 281.4pts (+63%)
- males are 46/349 (13.2%) for 254.2pts (+72.9%)
- at class 5 : 27/176 (15.3%) for 84.7pts (+48.1%)
- 4 yr olds are 21/132 (15.9%) for 75.2pts (+57%)
- those who last ran 6-10 days earlier are 18/84 (21.4%) for 96.8pts (+115.3%)
- over trips of 1m5f to 2m0.5f : 21/71 (29.6%) for 112.5pts (+158.5%)
- LTO winners are 18/61 (29.5%) for 30.2pts (+49.5%)
- and on Soft ground : 4/22 (18.2%) for 11.7pts (+53.1%)
...giving...a 1pt win bet on Mr Globetrotter @ 3/1 BOG which was offered by Betfred, Totesport and Marathon at 6.45pm on Friday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats are to Betfair SP, as (i) I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you and (ii) although inferior to the BOG odds we secure, BFSP is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns quoted.