New Year's Eve's pick was...
3.20 Lingfield : Knockout Blow @ 11/4 BOG 4th at 11/4 (Mid-division, headway over 1f out, never nearer)
New Year's Day's pick runs in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Redford Road @ 3/1 and Betfair SP
...in the 6-runner, Listed, Ballymore Novices Hurdle for 4yo+ over 2m4½f on Soft ground worth £14,238 to the winner...
This 6 yr old gelding was a Grade 2 winner here at Cheltenham on his last start 18 days ago and although he now takes a drop in trip, he has won at 2m4f over hurdles in the past. In fact he's never been out of the first two home in five starts, winning three times and never beaten by more than a length, including...
- 3 from 3 going left handed
- 2 wins and a second from 3 over hurdles (all Novice events)
- 2 from 2 under jockey Sam Twiston-Davies
- a win and a second from 2 on Soft ground
- and 1 from 1 here at Cheltenham
Trainer Nigel Twiston-Davies' hurdlers who won last time out are 31 from 99 (31.3% SR) for 17.1pts (+17.3% ROI) when sent off at odds of Evens to 13/2 over the past four years, including of relevance today...
- 31/97 (32%) for 19.1pts (+19.7%) with males
- 25/67 (37.3%) for 30.2pts (+45.1%) with 5/6 yr olds
- 11/19 (57.9%) for 22.4pts (+117.7%) over trips of 2m3½f to 2m4½f
- 9/30 (30%) for 1.5pts (+5%) on soft ground
- 5/19 (26.3%) for 2.4pts (+12.4%) here at HQ
- 5/10 (50%) for 8.26pts (+82.6%) in January
- and 4/4 (100%) for 10.6pts (+265%) from those dropping in trip by 4-5 furlongs
...whilst from the above...5-6 yr old males racing over 2m3½f to 2m4½f are 9/15 (60% SR) for 21.53pts (+143.5% ROI) including 4/7 on soft, 2/2 in Jan, 2/2 dropping 4-5f and 1/1 at Chelts...
...giving us...0.5pts at Betfair SP and a 0.5pt win bet on Redford Road @ 3/1 as was available from Paddy Power & Betfair at 6.40pm on New Year's Eve. To see what your preferred bookie is quoting...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that's unclear, please ask!